Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nagesh, Srinivas (IS Consultant)" <SN...@consultantemail.com> on 2007/04/03 16:40:03 UTC

Call Ant Tasks from Maven2

Hey,

I am using Maven2 to call an ant task but somehow I don't see the task
doing its job here. I am a newbie to these build tools.

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>install</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                 <echo>Hello World</echo>
             </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

I don't see "Hello World" being printed on the console when I run "mvn
-e antrun:run". Secondly this plug-in doesn't get executed as part of
the default goal "install" that I have specified in the POM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sri

RE: Call Ant Tasks from Maven2

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Sri,

<plugin><goals/></plugin is depracated and unused my maven ( see [1] ).
Declare your goals within an execution section. And from there, you can
declare the <phase> where you will bind your goals. Something like this...

        <plugin>
            <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                    <groupId>ant</groupId>
                    <artifactId>ant-antlr</artifactId>
                    <version>1.6.5</version>
                </dependency>
            </dependencies>
            <configuration>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>install</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>run</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>

..Btw, there's no "clean" goal for the antrun plugin ( see [2] ).

Cheers,
Franz

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-model/maven.html#class_plugin
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

Posted by "Henry S. Isidro" <hi...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Nagesh, Srinivas (IS Consultant)" <SN...@consultantemail.com>.
This is the debug information. The tasks= is shown as empty. Would that be the reason why its not able to find any tasks to execute? If so why?

Posted by "Nagesh, Srinivas (IS Consultant)" <SN...@consultantemail.com>.
Sorry, here is the debug info

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.1:run'
-->
[DEBUG]   (f) artifacts = [ant:ant-antlr:jar:1.6.5:compile, ant:ant:jar:1.6.5:ru
ntime, ant:ant-launcher:jar:1.6.5:runtime, org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.
0.1:runtime, org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api:jar:2.0.1:runtime]
[DEBUG]   (f) project = org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject@f7afcac6
[DEBUG]   (f) tasks =
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [antrun:run]