Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Kachanov <al...@intadev.com> on 2001/11/28 11:15:47 UTC

running Tomcat in background when I log off

On Linux Tomcat is running fine when I'm logged in.
But when I log off all tasks are killed (including
Tomcat)
How can I leave Tomcat running when I log off?

"nohup" trick won't work by some reason

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

Re: running Tomcat in background when I log off

Posted by Igor Sazhnev <ra...@mail.ru>.
  On Linux Tomcat is running fine when I'm logged in.
  But when I log off all tasks are killed (including
  Tomcat)
  How can I leave Tomcat running when I log off?

  "nohup" trick won't work by some reason

    and how are you  start Tomcat ?
    is it tomcat.sh start or tomcat.sh run or something else?