Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Arthur Chen <zi...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/31 14:09:18 UTC

delete 1394 DV support successfully

Hi all,

I have deleted all the code related to 1394 DV, and recompiled the whole
system. Kevin and I just tested the modified Realclass sytem, it worked ok.
So the only obstacle is arts now, I decide to use SDL to substitute it. As
far as I know Arts is used to play the audio, it just write audio stream
data to the artsd server,
then artsd will play it, that's why we should start artsd before we run the
student and teacher client. SDL is different from arts about which I am not
clear enough.
I think I need some time to get familiar to use it. Kevin, Qinjian, and I
will try our best to make the first release in October.

ps: The new term has began, I have go back to the class. So I can't go to
the laboratory everyday, but I will go to 428 to do the work once I have
time.

Best regards,
Arthur

Re: delete 1394 DV support successfully

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
thanks Arthur. i will work with you to replace ARTS with SDL. Once this
work's done, i believe we could step into the first release. And we 'll also
devote ourself to the next version of RealClass, which currently we call it
PPclass- a P2P version of RealClass. If Qin Jian could spare some time, the
web based version of RealClass will be under developing simultaneously.
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/