Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/15 08:23:18 UTC

Re: Prime Time

On 12/13/06, Java Energizer <jo...@daggerpoint.net> wrote:

>  Bruce,
>      I have servicemix in one of my customers intrAnet.
>  I am having problems as to what all the facets of sevicemix
>  are.  I am mostly using the loan-broker example and just
>  taking code - renaming and adding to it.  However,
>  I know there is more capability there than just what exist in
>  loan-broker.  I have read all the info on JBI and ESB that has
>  come out in the mail list.  I have successfully deployed
>  my own rendition of the part of loan-broker that does
>  the processing.  I packaged up and dropped into the
>  deploy dir of a running servicemix and could see the
>  deployment process.  I noted that the Constructor fires
>  during deployment.  Are there other methods that I could
>  have automajically run aftter successful deployment and
>  prior to invocation of the service?
>  How can I run the basic example by autodeploy?
>  I tried to create a simple ServiceAssembly with just
>  a servicemix.xml and a jbi.xml in their respective locations,
>  but it dint work.  I assume I need a java class to extend the
>  componentsupport or some other servicemix class that
>  is looked for when deploying a SA zip file?
>  What I really need is a good servicemix book...
>  I dont have access to the wiki form my customer intraNet
>  so it hard doing stuff.

IIRC, the constructors are fired upon deployment so that the classes
are started up and available to be invoked. But there are other
lifecycle methods that automatically fired as noted here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/servicemix/trunk/core/servicemix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/jbi/management/BaseLifeCycle.java?view=markup

But these are only in effect if the component in question extends one
of classes in the hierarchy for BaseLifeCycle (e.g., PojoSupport, et
al.).

Yes, you will need to write your own component and one way of doing so
is to extend the helper classes that are provided as noted here:

http://servicemix.org/site/component-helper-classes.html

As always, for the benefit of the entire user community, please ask
your questions on the servicemix-users list so that everyone can gain
knowledge from the answers provided.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/