Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ralph LaChance <Ra...@compuserve.com> on 2002/11/15 18:22:06 UTC

patch process

Hi all,

I've worked out (and will submit via bugzilla) both
an explanation and a solution to the text measuring & layout
problems that I reported recently in the awt and
awt/print renderers.

I believe it makes sense to add the changes to the maintenance
branch (in the event that there is ever an 0.20.5 release);
in turn, they will be useful to inform the awt and awt/print renderer
in the redesign, so I'll separately submit them to there if necessary.

It's been a while since I've sent in patches, and wanted to check
whether the preferred course is to submit the full sources (it affects
3 source files), or only diffs. And, if diffs, should they be
against current CVS or against the 0.20.4 release.

btw: Seems to me that
http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/
used to contain daily (twice daily?) snapshots
of the latest source-in-progress. Did that change?

' Best,
-Ralph

<apologies if this gets to you twice - I sent it to the mailing list
earlier this morning;
as of now, ~4 hours later, it hadn't appeared in my inbox.>

Re: patch process

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Ralph LaChance wrote:

> I believe it makes sense to add the changes to the maintenance
> branch (in the event that there is ever an 0.20.5 release);
> in turn, they will be useful to inform the awt and awt/print renderer
> in the redesign, so I'll separately submit them to there if necessary.

Make sense, but what's wrong with one bugzilla entry?

> It's been a while since I've sent in patches, and wanted to check
> whether the preferred course is to submit the full sources (it affects
> 3 source files), or only diffs. And, if diffs, should they be
> against current CVS or against the 0.20.4 release.

diffs are prefered and surely against current cvs (fop-0_20_2-maintain branch).

> btw: Seems to me that
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop/
> used to contain daily (twice daily?) snapshots
> of the latest source-in-progress. Did that change?

No, that page is about FOP releases, snapshots are available at
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop, but afaik these are snapshots of the
trunk.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: patch process

Posted by Ralph LaChance <Ra...@compuserve.com>.
At 07:05 AM 11/18/02, you wrote:
>Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
>>Christian Geisert wrote:
>>
>>>http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/
>>>We should add this to the documentation...
>>http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html mentions it already.
>
>Doh .. well .. Ralph should really RTFM ;-)

I did - about 2 years ago.
"Senior moments" come more often that that these days ;-)
-Ralph

Re: patch process

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Christian Geisert wrote:
>
>> http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/
>> We should add this to the documentation...
>
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html mentions it already.

Doh .. well .. Ralph should really RTFM ;-)

Christian

Re: patch process

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Re: patch process

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Ralph LaChance wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've worked out (and will submit via bugzilla) both
> an explanation and a solution to the text measuring & layout
> problems that I reported recently in the awt and
> awt/print renderers.

Great.

> I believe it makes sense to add the changes to the maintenance
> branch (in the event that there is ever an 0.20.5 release);

Sure .. RC should be out this week.

> in turn, they will be useful to inform the awt and awt/print renderer
> in the redesign, so I'll separately submit them to there if necessary.
>
> It's been a while since I've sent in patches, and wanted to check
> whether the preferred course is to submit the full sources (it affects
> 3 source files), or only diffs. And, if diffs, should they be
> against current CVS or against the 0.20.4 release.

diff -u against current maintenance branch would be the best.