Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Urbán Dániel <ur...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/22 07:38:38 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-710: Full support for distributed mode in dedicated MirrorMaker 2.0 clusters

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a vote on KIP-710 which aims to support running a
dedicated MM2 cluster in distributed mode:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-710%3A+Full+support+for+distributed+mode+in+dedicated+MirrorMaker+2.0+clusters

Regards,
Daniel

--
Ezt az e-mailt átvizsgálta az Avast AntiVirus szoftver.

Re: [VOTE] KIP-710: Full support for distributed mode in dedicated MirrorMaker 2.0 clusters

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding). Thanks for the KIP!

Posted by Chris Egerton <ch...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
+1 (binding). Thanks for the KIP!

Posted by Chris Egerton <ch...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
Hi all,

First off, congratulations to Daniel on your KIP passing!

With regards to the question of exactly-once support, I believe it should
be fully-supported by dedicated MM2 clusters once this KIP is implemented
and merged.

Speaking of implementation--I've already put together a patch for the
REST-related changes described in this KIP (but not the config
provider-related changes) to use on Aiven's fork of Mirror Maker 2. I've
reached out and discussed this with Daniel offline, and we've agreed to use
this patch for the implementation of the KIP on the official Kafka upstream
repo. I plan to file a PR for this patch in the next week or so.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dániel Urbán <ur...@gmail.com>.
As for the vote, thanks for participating, the vote passed with 3 binding
and 1 non-binding votes.
Moving the KIP forward.
Daniel

Dániel Urbán <ur...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. jan. 11.,