Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by yi xu <xu...@126.com> on 2019/01/22 09:32:35 UTC

Questions about apache Jenkins

Hi,

Current apache jenkins is a little bit strange, it can only build master branch. If I create a new branch inside apache/incubator-iotdb, I cannot trigger this branch manually.

Also we have already created some pull requests but here[1] indicates there is no running pr.

Since iotdb has two failed test cases which can only be reproduced on apache jenkins test. We have to add debug info directly into master branch and trigger jenkins manually. I’am afraid it is a very bad idea.

So can we choose another branch on jenkins to trigger test? Can our pull requests be visible at [1]? Does jenkins require additional configuration?

At worst case, we want to have `dev` branch to debug and run jenkins.

By the way, we want our master branch always be stable, so we plan to skip those two test for now. After jenkins can trigger other branches, we’ll solve this problem.

Can anyone help this?

1. https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/IoTDB-Pipeline/pr <https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/IoTDB-Pipeline/pr>

THanks
Xu Yi

Re: Questions about apache Jenkins

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Xu,

I just had a look and I could see that the Multibranch Pipeline I setup didn't scan the pipelines as expected.
Usually it should have detected new and deleted branches and setup jobs for them ... turns out it didn't.
I manually initiated a scan an now we have a lot of builds in the list:
https://builds.apache.org/view/I/view/IoTDB/job/IoTDB-Pipeline/

I set it up to scan the branches daily ... didn’t want to put too much stress on the infrastructure, but I can reduce that to shorter intervals, if needed.

Hope this works now.

Chris