Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Richard Martell <rm...@galdosinc.com> on 2002/03/14 23:07:02 UTC

Quirky behavior when importing components from multiple namespaces

Hi,

Perhaps someone can shed some light concerning what appears to be quirky
parser behavior. I have four schemas in three namespaces as shown below,
where the alpha character denotes a schema and the digit denotes the target
namespace; the arrows show dependencies ('imp' or 'inc').

A1.xsd --imp--> B2.xsd --inc--> C2.xsd --imp--> D3.xsd

When attempting to validate a.xml against A1.xsd, Xerces 2.0.1 generates
this SAXException (concerning components from the target namespace for
D3.xsd at the end of the chain):

** Parsing error, line 50, uri null
    src-resolve.4: Components from namespace 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink'
are not
    referenceable from schema document 'null'.

Now in order to get this to work, I must add two (seemingly redundant)
import statements to locate components from D3.xsd:

A1.xsd --imp--> B2.xsd --inc--> C2.xsd --imp--> D3.xsd

Why is this?

- richard