Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2012/03/30 03:31:24 UTC

How hard would it be to upgrade the default protobuf version that Mesos depends on?

Just wondering, because 2.4.1 has been out for a while. I'm starting to see other libraries depend on 2.4.1, which makes it tricky to link Mesos into the same project.

Matei

Re: How hard would it be to upgrade the default protobuf version that Mesos depends on?

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Alright, just posted it. Thanks for taking a look at this.

Matei

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Yes please.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Okay, in that case, do you think it's worth doing it for the first release, or should we leave it till later? I'm okay either way, but later versions of Spark will need 2.4.1 because stuff like Akka is using it. I agree we shouldn't delay the release for minor things though.

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.