Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JB...@silenus.com on 2001/05/24 04:48:11 UTC

Changing Tomcats default servlet url?

Sorry, if this is a duplicate posting...but I received no responses and
thought I sent it incorrectly.

I'm in the process of switching from JServ to Tomcat.  All the servlets
that were running previously are running now on tomcat but they have
different urls.  I need the url to be the same as it was before I switched
to tomcat and am having trouble.

My servlet is in:
     c:\tomcat\webapps\dir1\WEB-INF\classes
I used the same setup as the examples that come with tomcat.  To reach that
servlet you have to
use the following url:
http://localhost/dir1/servlet/ServletName

I need the url to not have the 'servlet' in it.  Anybody know how to do
this?  Also, how does tomcat determine the servlet is in the
WEB-INF\classes directory?  Does it alias that as 'servlet'?  If so, where
is this done?

Frustrated...

Jason E. Brawner
Consultant