Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> on 2016/04/13 21:05:37 UTC

Quarks hangout to keep current with new features

Today during the hangout I learned a lot.  As a committer, I see commit notices going by, and look at JIRA entries, but I don’t always take the time to understand what additional functionality and new features are going into quarks.

I was thinking that we could keep our quarks hangouts going as maybe a monthly event - we could hear from committers and contributors about what they had recently worked on that they would like to share with the community.  It would also allow us to get direct feedback from those listening to the hangout during the Q & A sessions.

My thought is it would not be a requirement for any specific individual to present, but I certainly found that it helped me learn a lot in a short time span.
It might be a good way to continue to educate our community.

Just my thoughts …

Susan

Re: Quarks hangout to keep current with new features

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
I'd love to get this going.  Are there volunteers to present topics?  It
doesn't have to be long--could be 15-30 minutes if that's all that is
needed.  Please post here if you are willing to volunteer and the topic.
Once we have a wiki set up, I will post the topics there.

Kathy

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.