Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/24 16:48:57 UTC

[ALL] Nexus permission scheme

Nexus can be set up to prevent e.g. commons-compress committers from
changing/promoting staged artifacts from commons-jexl or vice versa.

I think this is not necessary given that commons committers currently
have full access to all of SVN, websites, and the existing Maven forge
on people.

It would be a lot easier to have the same Nexus permissions for all
commons committers too.

WDYT?

Re: [ALL] Nexus permission scheme

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 1:00 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/05/2010, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > Nexus can be set up to prevent e.g. commons-compress committers from
>>  > changing/promoting staged artifacts from commons-jexl or vice versa.
>>  >
>>  > I think this is not necessary given that commons committers currently
>>  > have full access to all of SVN, websites, and the existing Maven forge
>>  > on people.
>>  >
>>  > It would be a lot easier to have the same Nexus permissions for all
>>  > commons committers too.
>>  >
>>  > WDYT?
>>  >
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>  Yes, easier and better in this case.
>>

> It seems that's what the Nexus maintainers expect anyway ...
>
> I've asked if the notification e-mails can be sent to a mailing list
> as well as/instead of the originator. These are sent for uploads,
> promotions and drops.
>
> If that's possible, I suggest we use dev@commons.
> Should not be too much traffic...
>
> Sound OK?

<snip/>

Must be possible, as I've seen it happen :-)

Target commits@ please, these are automated messages for a "commit" to
a repository.

-Rahul

Re: [ALL] Nexus permission scheme

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 24/05/2010 17:07, sebb a écrit :
> On 24/05/2010, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Le 24/05/2010 16:48, sebb a écrit :
>>
>>> Nexus can be set up to prevent e.g. commons-compress committers from
>>  > changing/promoting staged artifacts from commons-jexl or vice versa.
>>  >
>>  > I think this is not necessary given that commons committers currently
>>  > have full access to all of SVN, websites, and the existing Maven forge
>>  > on people.
>>  >
>>  > It would be a lot easier to have the same Nexus permissions for all
>>  > commons committers too.
>>  >
>>  > WDYT?
>>

>> What about two sets: commons-proper and commons-sandbox ?
>
> Commons-sandbox do not allow releases, so surely the question does not arise?

Ooops. Sorry, I knew it but failed to think wisely.

Luc

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.