Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/12/18 20:00:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.18.0 (release candidate 2)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.18.0, release candidate 2.

Since the previous release candidate (RC1), issues
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2730 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2731 have
been fixed, and Zoltan indicates that the Hive test suite now passes.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.
You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/branch-1.18/site/_docs/history.md

The commit to be voted upon:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite/commit/6bca0b80859e86ac41ba1e342460db929cf72268

Its hash is 6bca0b80859e86ac41ba1e342460db929cf72268.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-1.18.0-rc2

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.sha256
a04bfb1bac830e57475dffdbf5f0c3a797c358460d240f6203c929bac61b47ae

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1051

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jhyde.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite 1.18.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours (until 12 noon Pacific on Friday)
and passes if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.18.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.18.0 (release candidate 2)

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Checked signature and hashes
- Built and ran test suite

On 12/19/18, 11:52 PM, "Andrei Sereda" <an...@sereda.cc> wrote:

    +1 (non-binding)

    - Build and ran tests from 6bca0b808 on MacOS X Oracle JDK 8, 9 and 10
    - Checked signatures and checksums
    - Release notes look good

Posted by Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sergey Nuyanzin <sn...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.18.0 (release candidate 2)

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)