Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/28 22:45:56 UTC

weird text stripping issue

I am observing very weird text stripping issue.

when I search for word "Search" I get following
<doc>
  <str name="description">Issue 18 Search String</str>
  <int name="key">4688</int>
  <str name="title">Issue 18 Search String2</str>
  </doc>

And highliting node
<lst name="4688">
  <arr name="title">
    <str>Issue 18 Search String2</str>
  </arr>
  <arr name="description">
    <str>Issue 18 Search String</str>
  </arr>
</lst>
My actual description string is "Issue 18 Search String2" # 2 isn't coming
up back in description attribute in my search results. note; both title &
description are the fields solr searches against. that's how my default
config is.

also note description is of type "clob" in my config as below.
<field column="DESCRIPTION" name="description" clob="true"/>

however when I search on other attributes (excluding title & description)
then returning result brings back full description text including "2".

Any idea what's wrong going on here?

Re: weird text stripping issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Default doesn't tell us much, especially since you haven't
told us what version you're using. Please post the relevant
parts of your schema. That said, WordDelimiterFilterFactory
is a popular one to mis-interpret, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

HTH
Erick