Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org> on 2018/02/20 08:41:43 UTC

Protect commits to master with CircleCI ...

Hi folks,

I'd like to share a video [1], where Daniel Shiffman demonstrates how to
use CirlceCI [2] with github:

> In this video, I demonstrate how to integrate CircleCI with GitHub and
> automatically run tests [against] any new code that's added to a project.
He uses a JavaScript demo project, but it should also work with Java.

In short: Github allows to be configured such that it rejects a commit
to e.g. 'master', if this commit would fail any JUnit tests.

With some initial effort, this could be very handy for us (Isis).

Cheers, Andi

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjEx2UzLUI

[2] https://circleci.com/