Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Sudhakar Venkata Ganta <Su...@trianz.com> on 2011/02/07 17:25:41 UTC

OpenJPA Teradata Support

Hi All,

We are planning to use OpenJPA with Teradata database in our application. I would like to know if there are any known limitations of using OpenJPA with Teradata. Also would like to know why Teradata is not yet included in supported databases and any plans to include it in future.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks and regards,
Sudhakar

Re: OpenJPA Teradata Support

Posted by garpinc <ga...@yahoo.com>.
Since Sudhakar didn't show up I took the pains of creating one and added it
to this JIRA:

Re: OpenJPA Teradata Support

Posted by garpinc <ga...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sudhakar. Did you end up writing a teradata dictionary for Teradata.. If
so can you post it here?

Thanks,
Garry

Re: OpenJPA Teradata Support

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sudhakar,
Thanks for your interest in OpenJPA and your expected usage with the
Teradata database.  I'm familiar with Teradata from a high level, but I have
no experience with the installation and configuration of the database.  The
creation and maintenance of DB dictionaries from an OpenJPA perspective
starts with interest from organizations such as yours.  I would suggest
starting with the standard JDBC dictionary (DBDictionary) and see how it
executes against the Teradata database.  You could start with our JUnit
bucket first [1].  If there are inconsistencies due to the implementation of
the Teradata database, then you could easily extend the DBDictionary to a
more specific dictionary for Teradata (similar to what we have done for DB2,
Oracle, SQLServer, etc).

Good luck.  As long as Teradata is JDBC compliant, you should not have much
trouble with getting this to run as expected.

Kevin

[1]  http://openjpa.apache.org/testing.html