Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Igor Tatarinov <ta...@prairie.NoDak.edu> on 1997/11/22 20:54:06 UTC

simple mmap() question

Hi, I have a simple question: does
mmap(/dev/zero, RW, SHARED)
imply that any UNIX process will be able to do the same and corrupt the
contents of the resulting shared memory.

In other words, if I install and run two apaches on the same SUN box
will they screw up each others scoreboards?

thanks,
igor

Re: simple mmap() question

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
No, /dev/zero is a special case for mmap().  It is shared only via
filehandle or process memory inheritance.  But I can't find a reference in
the Single UNIX Specification which states this.

Dean