Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brendan McKenna <mc...@taringold.ie> on 2001/05/10 12:01:15 UTC

Re: Obtaining SSL Certificate in Servlet/JSP Page?

Hi,

	A little follow-up to my own message, sorry.

	- You have to use the ajp13 interface from Apache to Tomcat.
	- You have to have your apache properly set up (we had an
	  error in ours).
	- The certificate is then available as the
	  javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate attribute on the
	  HttpServletRequest object associated with the request,
	  the cipher suite is available as:
	  javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite, and the SSL session
	  is javax.servlet.request.ssl_session (depending on
	  exactly what parameters you've specified in your
	  mod_jk.conf file (this is with all the default values
	  selected).

	Thanks to Thomas Bezdicek for pointing me in the right
direction.

						Brendan
--
Brendan McKenna			       Email: brendan.mckenna@taringold.ie
Development Strategist		       Phone: +353-61-338177