Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 18:49:31 UTC

Hbase Dead region Server

Hey folks,

How do I remove a dead region server?.I manually failed over the hbase
master but this is still appearing in master UI and also on the status
command that I run.

Thanks,
Nishan

Re: Re: Hbase Dead region Server

Posted by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Every one.It turned out that I there were a few empty wal
directories corresponding to the dead region servers.Moved them out of
/hbase and  failed over the master.Things started working fine after that.

-Nishanth

Posted by "yeweichen2010@gmail.com" <ye...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hbase Dead region Server

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi Pere and Nishanth,

In master branch i developt a bash script to same problem. Its name is
considerAsDead.sh [1] It mark as dead and start the recovery process.

[1] https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/bin/considerAsDead.sh

Talat

Re: Hbase Dead region Server

Posted by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com>.