Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/10/21 18:01:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Genesis 1.5 - take 3

This is a vote for Genesis 1.5.

Take 3:
In addition to take 1 & take 2 this includes a more appropriate javadoc
max memory setting.

Take 2:
Same as take 1 except for replacing the hard-coded dependency on
geronimo-skin from 1.5-SNAPSHOT with 1.5 (this release).

Take 1:
While trying to get site generation improved for the specs, I discovered
that I needed a few minor changes to genesis.  It's been a while since
we released a 1.x version of Genesis, so this also includes other
changes as well.  AFAIK this release includes these changes:
   - updated maven-plugin versions
   - updated default of uniqueVersion=false for apache-snapshots
   - improved multi-project support (such as for samples & server)
   - improved site generation for dependent projects (specs)
   - elimination of tools-maven-plugin and added configuration for
ianal-maven-plugin which now verifies legal files.

The rat-maven-plugin has been used to check the source and passed.

Staging repo (maven artifacts):
   http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/genesis/

SVN source location:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/tags/genesis-1.5

Generated Maven Site:
   http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/genesis/1.5/index.html

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Friday (10/24) at
5:00 PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Genesis 1.5
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Genesis 1.5 and reason why

Thanks,
Joe

[RESULTS][VOTE] Release Genesis 1.5 - take 3

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
The vote passes with 6 +1 (all pmc members) and no other votes.

I'll get to work getting the binaries and site pushed out.  As usual, it
will take a little while for the images to get synced to the mirrors.

Thanks!
Joe

Re: [VOTE] Release Genesis 1.5 - take 3

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Here's my +1

Joe

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Reviewed source, generated artifacts, and maven site.

--kevan

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@gmail.com>.
I was waiting for take 4, but its been a wee bit, so here is my +1

--jason