Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Blomqvist Aki <Ak...@digia.com> on 2014/08/21 12:12:05 UTC

Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Hello,

I have a few questions/problems concerning openmeetings 3.0.2 (running on lunbuntu).

1. Are chat messages persistent? No data is saved to the CHAT table.

2. Is there any way to get the chat data from a room e.g. saved to a file or logged to a file?

3. When a user uploads a file to "My files (home drive)" the file is not private. All other user can see and access the file. Is this a bug or is something not configured right?

4. SWFTools (0.9.2+git20130725-2) package does not include pdf2swf anymore? Because of this uploading pdf files to the whiteboard does not work. Any suggestions how to get pdf loading to whiteboard working?

5. I have installed JODConverter but when uploading .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, ... files, an error messages pops up and complaines about the missing pdf2swf tool. Does the JODConverter also need the pdf2swf tool or do I have something configured wrong?

Thank you very much for any suggestions and help.

BR,
Aki

RE: Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Posted by Blomqvist Aki <Ak...@digia.com>.
Ok, thanks for the info. Didn’t see that chat before.

Br,
Aki

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
will try to double check

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I have tested using regular OM users
External users have different rules. All files/recordings created by
external users are accessible by all external users with same externalType
This is by design

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: Questions about: chat peristent, home drive file upload, pdf2swf removed?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax