Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com> on 2014/07/11 23:48:37 UTC

[DISCUSS]CLOUDSTACK-6191

Move the discussion to the list about CloudStack-6191:
Automation test is blocked by this bug, we need to find a solution. My suggestion is sort-of-revert-the-patch, but still give admin the opportunity to specify the way to optimize KVM volume creation. The reasons:

1.       End user shouldn't care about how the volume is created, is it sparse,flat/thin-provisoned or whatever technology used by hypervisor. So we'd better not expose this option in disk offering.

2.        It's true that admin does care about how the volume is created, so we can add a global configuration just for the kvm volume creation. For vmware, the option is already there(vmware.create.full.clone to control whether link clone or full clone is used to create volume). We can add an option, something like kvm.qcow2.volume.create.options.
Comments?

RE: [DISCUSS]CLOUDSTACK-6191

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
Its not a false positive though, the complain is about possible null de-reference, the calling method declaration and definition provides that scope, i now made a change to accommodate null checks for vnetid and protocol values, only inside few cases where it is locally applicable, submitted a patch.

I believe all  other changes are still available in branch, only for this file, it was reverted earlier.

Santhosh
Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan