Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/20 01:36:56 UTC

Bay Area Apache Beam Kickoff!

We have our first meetup scheduled for December 12th in San Francisco.

Andrew Pilloud, a software engineer at Google and Beam committer, will demo
the latest feature in Beam SQL: a standalone SQL shell. The talk cover why
SQL is a good fit for streaming data processing, the technical details of
the Beam SQL engine, and a peek into our future plans.

Kenn Knowles, a founding PMC Member and incoming PMC Chair for the Apache
Beam project, as well as computer scientist and engineer at Google will
share about all things Beam. Where it is, where its been, where its going.

More info:
https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Beam/events/256348972/

For those in/around town (or that can be) come join in the fun!

Re: Bay Area Apache Beam Kickoff!

Posted by Xinyu Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome! Glad to learn the latest Beam SQL and meet you guys there.

Thanks,
Xinyu

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Nice !!

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.
Awesome effort awesome - good luck on the first meetup! :)

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sobhan Badiozamany <so...@leovegas.com>.
Would this meetup be recorded, or better yet, is it broadcasted online?

Otherwise, it would be great if you share the slides afterwards.

Thanks,
Sobi

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 2:37 AM Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have our first meetup scheduled for December 12th in San Francisco.
>
> Andrew Pilloud, a software engineer at Google and Beam committer, will
> demo the latest feature in Beam SQL: a standalone SQL shell. The talk cover
> why SQL is a good fit for streaming data processing, the technical details
> of the Beam SQL engine, and a peek into our future plans.
>
> Kenn Knowles, a founding PMC Member and incoming PMC Chair for the Apache
> Beam project, as well as computer scientist and engineer at Google will
> share about all things Beam. Where it is, where its been, where its going.
>
> More info:
> https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Beam/events/256348972/
>
> For those in/around town (or that can be) come join in the fun!

--

*Sobhan Badiozamany*
*Data Architect*

*This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential, may be
legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are
solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of the
company. Copyright of this email and any attachments belongs to LeoVegas
Mobile Gaming Group. If this email was sent to you in error, please notify
the sender and delete it from your system.*