Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com> on 2012/05/24 15:35:24 UTC

InstanceAlreadyExistsException on initializing MiniCluster

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to run some unit tests for a custom LOAD function that use
MiniCluster. I get the following exception when running on pig 0.10.0 :

http://pastebin.com/sNJBgJHC

For pig 0.8.1 I don't get that error. I have no idea how to resolve
this. BTW: I am calling shutdown() on the MiniCluster instance like this:

[...]
private static MiniCluster cluster = MiniCluster.buildCluster();
[...]

@AfterClass
public static void shutdown() {
	cluster.shutDown();
}
[...]

I suspect this could be similar to

but I have no idea yet what is the linking piece of code and the bugs
are still open.

The unit test of the pig release (0.10.0) run and also report only
Errors on those tests that use a MiniCluster instance. That seems to me
a show stopper to further development since tests cannot be run reliably...

What can we do to get this running again?

Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434

Re: InstanceAlreadyExistsException on initializing MiniCluster

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Onward and upward!

Posted by Johannes Schwenk <jo...@adition.com>.
Well, to answer my own question:

I should not put pig.jar but pig-withouthadoop.jar in the CLASSPATH !
Shame on me!

So all our tests are running just fine for now...

Greetings!

Am 24.05.2012 15:35, schrieb Johannes Schwenk:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to run some unit tests for a custom LOAD function that use
> MiniCluster. I get the following exception when running on pig 0.10.0 :
>
> http://pastebin.com/sNJBgJHC
>
> For pig 0.8.1 I don't get that error. I have no idea how to resolve
> this. BTW: I am calling shutdown() on the MiniCluster instance like this:
>
> [...]
> private static MiniCluster cluster = MiniCluster.buildCluster();
> [...]
>
> @AfterClass
> public static void shutdown() {
> 	cluster.shutDown();
> }
> [...]
>
> I suspect this could be similar to

> but I have no idea yet what is the linking piece of code and the bugs
> are still open.
>
> The unit test of the pig release (0.10.0) run and also report only
> Errors on those tests that use a MiniCluster instance. That seems to me
> a show stopper to further development since tests cannot be run reliably...
>
> What can we do to get this running again?
>
> Johannes Schwenk

Johannes Schwenk