Posted to license@apache.org by Dave Hodder <dm...@dmh.org.uk> on 2004/05/23 23:20:58 UTC

Licence URIs

Hello,

The following URIs still point to the version 1.1 licence:

   * http://www.apache.org/LICENSE.txt

   * http://www.apache.org/LICENSE

   * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE.txt

   * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE

There are quite a lot of places (<http://httpd.apache.org/> as well as
external sites) pointing to these URIs, wrongly implying that ASL 1.1 is
the current Apache licence.  Perhaps they could point to the new licence
instead?

Regards,

Dave

Re: Licence URIs

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 23 May 2004, Dave Hodder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following URIs still point to the version 1.1 licence:
>
>    * http://www.apache.org/LICENSE.txt
>
>    * http://www.apache.org/LICENSE
>
>    * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE.txt
>
>    * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE
>
> There are quite a lot of places (<http://httpd.apache.org/> as well as
> external sites) pointing to these URIs, wrongly implying that ASL 1.1 is
> the current Apache licence.  Perhaps they could point to the new licence
> instead?

I've fixed the first two by redirecting them to the /licenses/ directory.
The second two are needed as a historical document.  The only links that
should refer to them are historical.  Any others should be fixed.  (If
people think there will be lots of confusion, I could rename that file
LICENSE-1.0 and redirect the old links to the /licenses/ directory.  But I
don't think it is necessary.)

I have also fixed all the links I found on httpd.apache.org (although
there may be some more in the docs that I haven't checked).

Thanks for the note.

Joshua.