Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/31 19:14:54 UTC

Distribution/Licensing question

Quick newbie question, and if its just a case of RTFM
(which I have, but maybe I missed it), please feel
free to say so ...

I am writing a webapp that includes tag libraries and
the intent is to sell this to multiple customers, each
of whom will be designing their own JSPs using those
tags.  Now, since that means the JSPs will need to be
compiled by Tomcat at least once at each customer's
site, does this mean I need to actually distribute not
only Tomcat but also the JDK (not just the JRE)?  If
that is the case, does that mean I have to make an
arrangement with Sun for licensing the redistribution
of the JDK?

Many thanks,
Jeff

Re: Distribution/Licensing question

Posted by "Brett M. Bergquist" <br...@mail.com>.
Jeff, I just noticed on Sun's Java web pages that as of the 10/17/2001 that javac and tools.jar are now redistributable.  Here's a
link to a page with this information:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/jre/

Posted by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Brett M. Bergquist" <br...@mail.com>.