Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Raj N <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/28 16:47:14 UTC

nodetool repair cassandra 0.8.4 HELP!!!

I have a 6 node cassandra cluster DC1=3, DC2=3 with 60 GB data on each
node. I was bulk loading data over the weekend. But we forgot to turn off
the weekly nodetool repair job. As a result, repair was interfering when we
were bulk loading data. I canceled repair by restarting the nodes. But
unfortunately after the restart it looks like I dont have any data on those
nodes when I use list on cassandra-cli. I ran repair on one of the effected
nodes, but repair seems to be taking forever. Disk space has almost
tripled. I stopped the repair again in fear of running out of disk space.
After restart, the disk space is at 50% where as the good nodes are at 25%.
How should I proceed from here.  When I run list on cassandra-cli I do see
data on the effected node. But how can I be sure I have all the
data. Should I run repair again. Should I cleanup the disk by clearing
snapshots. Or should I just drop column families and bulk load the data
again?

Thanks
-Raj

Re: nodetool repair cassandra 0.8.4 HELP!!!

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
When you start a node does it log that it's opening SSTables ?

After starting what does nodetool cfstats say for the node ?

Can you connect with cassandra-cli and do a get ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton