Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ni...@arsoe-trelaze.com on 2004/07/29 10:59:02 UTC

versioned snapshot

In my own usage I need to have an indication of the version who the
snapshot is for. I'm not alone when I look at the maven plugin.

The way I do this actually is to define version as :
  <currentVersion>1.2-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>
And I produce with *:install task.

Is there a way to have some properties like
maven.use.version.snapshot=true to indicate that *:install-snapshot
produce an ${artifactId}-1.2-SNAPSHOT.* when the
<currentVersion>1.2</currentVersion>. Because install stand for me to
produce the final artifact and not a snapshot one. On the other hand
having a currentVersion like 1.2-SNAPSHOT indicate that the project is not
finalize.

Is this kind a thing is valide for you or not?

Nicolas

RE: versioned snapshot

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

Using <currentVersion>1.2-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion> is the correct way.
That will be the supported snapshot name schema in next versions.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project