Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/22 16:42:10 UTC

JobConf.setQueueName("xxx") with the new api using hadoop 0.20.2

I'm trying to use the fair scheduler. I have jobs written using the new api
and hadoop 0.20.2.
I've seen that to associate a job with a queue you have to do:
JobConf.setQueueName("xxxx")
The Job class of the new api has not this class. How can I do that?
Thanks in advance.

Re: JobConf.setQueueName("xxx") with the new api using hadoop 0.20.2

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hello Marc,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, to be exact mapreduce.job.queuename
> http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/mapred-default.html

Also try incorporating the use of the JobContext class to set
configuration not otherwise available via the plain API (instead of
strings).

For your case, it would be: set(JobContext.QUEUE_NAME, "queue");
(Actually, QUEUE_NAME should be available under Job itself, since it
implements JobContext)

There are many more constants available to use instead of conf
strings. See: http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/JobContext.html

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com

Re: JobConf.setQueueName("xxx") with the new api using hadoop 0.20.2

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stanley Xu <we...@gmail.com>.
set the mapreduce.queue.name in the configuaration object the job use

在 2011-2-22 下午11:42,"Marc Sturlese" <ma...@gmail.com>写道: