Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ML...@abusinessware.com on 2007/08/21 08:54:12 UTC

RE Action within Action result

Add the result type :
<action name="action1" class="MyCalss">
      <result type="redirectAction">action2</result>
</action>
<action name="action2" class="MyCalss2">
</action>

(redirect-action if you are in version before 2.0.9)

Sawan <sa...@gmail.com>
21/08/2007 08:50
Veuillez répondre à
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Objet
Action within Action result

Hello Experts,

I want to call an Action within the Action result and I am trying
following
Struts XML.

<action name="Action1" class="MyCalss">
      <result>/Action2.action</result>
</action>

But its not working.

How can I fulfill this requirement..?

I am really looking forward to get any solution as soon as possible...

Thanks

Sawan

Re: RE Action within Action result

Posted by ML...@abusinessware.com.
<action name="action1" class="MyCalss">
       <result type="redirectAction">
                <param name="actionName">action2</param>
            <param name="argument">${myVarContainingTheValue}</param>
            <param name="argument2">stringHardCoded</param>
        </result>
</action>

Sawan <sa...@gmail.com>
21/08/2007 14:23
Veuillez répondre à
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

user@struts.apache.org
cc

Objet
Re: RE Action within Action result

Thanks mleneveut,

Its working for simple action calling, But I have a request variable in my
URL and if I simply redirect to the specified action then I lost the
variable.

E.G..
I have following URL
http://localhost:8080/Action1.action?Argument=Sawan

Now if simply call the action then I got...
http://localhost:8080/Action2.action

I want to preserve "?Argument=Sawan" too and wants the URL like...
http://localhost:8080/Action2.action?Argument=Sawan

Thanks

Sawan

Posted by Sawan <sa...@gmail.com>.