Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/03/22 23:57:12 UTC

Re: How to set "http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion" via JAXP

"Roytman, Alex" wrote:
> Could anybody tell me how to set DOMParser features using JAXP. Most

At first, I was thinking that it can't be done with JAXP but
looking at the API, perhaps you could use the setAttribute
method on the DocumentBuilderFactory. I haven't looked at the
code for the Xerces JAXP wrapper so I'm not sure.

Edwin: can you confirm?

Re: How to set "http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion" via JAXP

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Edwin Goei wrote:
> Sorry for the slow response.  I confess that I don't always read the
> xerces-j-user list.  The setAttribute method is probably the right place
> to implement this feature, but it has not been implemented.

Is it the goal of the setAttribute method to implement all of
the parser's features/properties or just pass them through to
the underlying setFeature/setProperty?

Re: How to set "http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion" via JAXP

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.
Andy Clark wrote:

> "Roytman, Alex" wrote:
> > Could anybody tell me how to set DOMParser features using JAXP. Most
>
> At first, I was thinking that it can't be done with JAXP but
> looking at the API, perhaps you could use the setAttribute
> method on the DocumentBuilderFactory. I haven't looked at the
> code for the Xerces JAXP wrapper so I'm not sure.
>
> Edwin: can you confirm?

Sorry for the slow response.  I confess that I don't always read the
xerces-j-user list.  The setAttribute method is probably the right place
to implement this feature, but it has not been implemented.

-Edwin