Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bill Parod <bi...@northwestern.edu> on 2004/05/19 20:43:45 UTC

AbstractSAXTransformer sendEvents() not producing events

I'm working on a subclass of AbstractSAXTransformer. It produces XML by
exec of another program. The input stream from the exec(ed) process is
parsed into a DOM and passed to sendEvents() to move down the pipeline.

The DOM creation part of this seems to work  - I can transform the
resulting DOM and output its xml to System.out. However when I pass that
DOM's root element to sendEvents(), no events are produced to the
serializer following this transformer.  Am I not using sendEvents()
properly? Any tips on using sendEvents()?

We're running cocoon 2.1.4 with j2sdk1.4.1_02 on linux. Below is the main
part of the code:

                 Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
                 Process p = rt.exec(cmd,envp);
                 InputStream is = p.getInputStream();

                 DocumentBuilderFactory dFactory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
                 dFactory.setNamespaceAware(false);
                 DocumentBuilder dBuilder = dFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
                 Document doc = dBuilder.parse(is);
                 Node root = (Node) doc.getDocumentElement();
                 super.sendEvents( root );

                 TransformerFactory tFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
                 Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer();

                 DOMSource source = new DOMSource(doc);
                 StreamResult result = new StreamResult(System.out);
                 transformer.transform(source, result);

Thanks in advance.

Bill Parod
Architect for Scholarly Technologies, Academic Technologies
1970 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
bill-parod@northwestern.edu  847-491-5368