Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maulik S <ma...@tcs.com> on 2007/01/31 08:38:37 UTC

need help on mod-jk.conf

Hi,

I am using sun one web server 6.1 and JBoss as App server. I have two
doubts.

(1) I want load balancing feature from http point of view. My
workers.properties lookes like as below :

worker.list=traveldev,jkstatus
worker.node1.port=61097
worker.node1.host=192.122.220.31
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.lbfactor=1

worker.node2.port=61097
worker.node2.host=192.122.220.30
worker.node2.type=ajp13
worker.node2.lbfactor=1

worker.traveldev.type=lb
worker.traveldev.balance_workers=node1,node2

According to JBoss wiki  -
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss
I have to add following lines in mod-jk.conf file.

# This directive is present with 1.2.10 and
# later versions of mod_jk, and is needed for
# for load balancing to work properly
JkShmFile logs/jk.shm

# Add jkstatus for managing runtime data

<Location /jkstatus/>
JkMount status
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

Can you please let me know the usage of the above entry? Is it something
related to only security or it may serve other purpose as well?If yes,
what is that?

(2) In mod-jk.conf if we use Apache as web server then we can specify
"JkWorkersFile" attribute for uriworker mapping. But for sun one web
server 6.1 there is no concept as mod-jk.conf only. How can I achieve this
feature for sun one web server?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Maulik H Shah
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: need help on mod-jk.conf

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Maulik,

the mod-jk.conf contents you cite from the Wiki are for Apache only.

Please have a look at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/nes.html

for Netscape/Sun Web server settings.

All JK web server plugins (Apache, IIS, Sun) share the same
workers.properties format and meaning. Only some small parts of the
configuration are web server specific (e.g. which log file to use etc.).

Regards,

Rainer