Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Shreyansh Shrivastava." <sh...@nitk.edu.in> on 2019/03/12 16:01:49 UTC

Gsoc 2019 SpamAssassin Statistical Classifier

Hello everyone,
This is Shreyansh Shrivastava, Computer Science and Engineering student at
NITK India.
I am interested in working on the below-mentioned project during GSoC 2019.

SpamAssassin statistical classifier plugin
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-268?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16395113#comment-16395113>

*CURRENT STATUS*
1. I'm trying to understand the codebase and hopefully will have a sound
knowledge about the same pretty soon.
2. I am in the process of setting up a mail server on my Linux system using
Postfix (for MTA) and Dovecot (for MDA) as Kevin mentioned in the project
description on JIRA page.
3. Also, I've started devoting time to Perl to get a good grasp on it.

*QUESTIONS FOR THE COMMUNITY*
1. I would appreciate further advice about any specific knowledge/technical
skills which might be important for me to undertake this task.
2. Also, how would you like me to discuss the project proposal and the
related ideas?

Regards,
Shreyansh Shrivastava