Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/10/26 04:04:28 UTC

[m2] including ejb client jar in webapp

Hi,

Just wondering how I go about including an ejb client jar in my
project. It seems the main artifact of an ejb project is the ejb jar
file, which is fair enough. However it can also generate a client
jar, installed in the same directory in the local repository and I
can't work out how to include this poor cousin in my webapp project.
I definitely don't want the full on ejb jar file as it will try to
pull in quite a few dependencies. Not to mention I don't want the
enterprise beans in my client app.

Has anyone else come across this problem? (and solved it ;)

Thanks
- AW

Re: [m2] including ejb client jar in webapp

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you're right. Could the EJB client ever use the dependencies though?

I'm not sure how best to mark them for separation if that is the case.

I think the first step is to make none of the dependencies transitive
through the ejb client. Please file a JIRA issue.

- Brett

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.
You need to specify the type as ejb-client in your client project's pom.

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.abc</groupId>
  <artifactId>Ejb</artifactId>
  <version>1.00</version>
  <type>ejb-client</type>
</dependency>

On 10/25/05, Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering how I go about including an ejb client jar in my
> project. It seems the main artifact of an ejb project is the ejb jar
> file, which is fair enough. However it can also generate a client
> jar, installed in the same directory in the local repository and I
> can't work out how to include this poor cousin in my webapp project.
> I definitely don't want the full on ejb jar file as it will try to
> pull in quite a few dependencies. Not to mention I don't want the
> enterprise beans in my client app.
>
> Has anyone else come across this problem? (and solved it ;)
>
> Thanks
> - AW

tom