Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Robert Lichtenberger <r....@synedra.com> on 2019/05/16 07:39:32 UTC

Unable to create a partition

I've followed the instructions under
https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html
to create my own partition.

But no matter what I try (reconnecting, restarting
ApacheDirectoryStudio), the partition never appears in the LDAP Browser.

When I try to Import this .ldif - File:

[root@rlimbus ~]# cat seven.ldif
dn: o=sevenSeas
o: sevenSeas
objectClass: top
objectClass: organization

in order to create the Context Entry of the partition I get the error
message:

c[root@rlimbus ~]# cat seven.ldif.log
#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2019-05-16T09:26:10.598
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 32 - NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType :
ADD_REQUEST Message ID : 11     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]:
o=sevenSeas     objectClass: top     objectClass: organization
ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for o=sevenSeas]
dn: o=sevenSeas
o: sevenSeas
objectClass: top
objectClass: organization

Here's a screenshot of the situation in Studio:

I've tried both ApacheDS 2.0.0.AM25 and ApacheDS 2.0.0.AM24.

Any help/hint appreciated.

Re: Unable to create a partition

Posted by Adam L <sp...@gmail.com>.
perhaps.  it took me a few goes before i realized  that was what I was
missing.  The docs made me think that linking was done by the engine, when
things were added.

it might have been clearly spelled out somewhere else, i can't remember
now.  i only recognized his issue because i fought with it for so long.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Levine <ad...@gmail.com>.