Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/13 12:07:18 UTC

Does the spec require that portlet preference values should be trimmed? A testsuite question.

Hi,

In the testsuite (in Pluto 1.1), SimplePreferenceTest, I found that in the
method checkPreferenceValidator() you are checking if preference attribute
values are trimmed strings:

 protected TestResult checkPreferenceValidator(PortletRequest req) {
 ... ...
 try {
 preferences.setValue("VALIDATION_TEST_KEY", " Spaces removed by trim ");
 preferences.store(); // Validation failed in the store() method: value not
trimmed.
 }
 catch ... ...
 }

That check failed everytime the validator is called: attribute values are
not trimmed by PortletPreferencesImpl. I checked the portlet spec, PLT. 14,
but I didn't find a section saying that preference attribute values should
be trimmed. So, why did you write this checking method? Is that really
required by the spec?

BTW, the validator class loading problem was resolved here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-159

Regards.

--

ZHENG Zhong

1 Avenue Alphand
75116 Paris, France
+33 6 76 80 45 90

heavyzheng {AT} gmail {D0T} com

http://heavyz.sourceforge.net
http://heavyz.blogspot.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/zhengzhong

Re: Does the spec require that portlet preference values should be trimmed? A testsuite question.

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org>.
This is a test to test if the validator is called as required by the spec.

Stefan

Posted by Zhong ZHENG <he...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I made a stupid mistake:
SimplePreferenceTest.checkPreferencesValidator() just tests if validator is
called and ValidationException is caught...

Just forget this mail... Next time I will be more careful when reading code.