Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/02/26 18:27:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

This is the discussion thread.

The source kit built for me on mac.
I updated notice files.
I think I solved the missing strings issue.
Not sure about Carlos's crash.  If you get a crash, re-run and right-click
and turn on debug mode before continuing with the install.  The output
should end up in your flash log.txt file or in the console.
Caching is possible for legacy builds.

Note that the problem about the flex-config.xml having the wrong
player/swf versions is actually a problem in the SDK's installer.xml so it
will require installing a nightly or an SDK RC3 someday to see that it
works.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Justin,

I think I've fixed the caching issue.  I've posted a new dmg here:
http://people.apache.org/~aharui/Installer/apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.0.0-
bin.dmg

Let me know if you're still seeing problems.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Justin, can you try the installer here?
> http://people.apache.org/~aharui/Installer/apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.0.0-bin.dmg

Run it once and the SDK and AIR version was cached but OSMF.swc wasn't. Just trying another AIR version.

Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Justin, can you try the installer here?
http://people.apache.org/~aharui/Installer/apache-flex-sdk-installer-3.0.0-
bin.dmg

If it still isn't caching correctly, right-click and enable verbose
logging and send me the logs.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Regarding JS and CSS files for the success URL, is that something I can
> > fix in the AS code or does Om need to change the way that URL responds?
> It likely a site issue but I don't see why a HTTP request in AS would
> automatically go off and get those - unless it trying to actually display a
> web page rather than make a HTTP request. It doesn't beak anything it's
> just odd.
>
> Justin

The success tracker url is just a page on flex.apache.org which contains
the Google Analytics JS code.  This behavior is as intended.  We could
probably strip away the unncessary CSS out of the page, but it sure does
not cause any harm.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK, I'll see if I can repro.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK.  I actually tried to start a separate thread to discuss your efforts
with IntelliJ.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

RE: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC2

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
ok

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.