Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 14:36:16 UTC

Re: How slider-agent receives stop command

The Slider agent should receive a stop command from the Slider AM. I am not
sure what the agent does with the stop command in the case of docker
containers. Also, I think the AM proceeds to release the containers whether
or not the graceful stop has been completed. There seems to be a global
property in the appConfig, site.global.app_container.release_timeout_secs,
that controls how long the AM will wait between issuing the stop command to
the agents and telling the RM to release the containers.

Posted by Chengeng Ou <cg...@freewheel.tv>.
Thanks for your reply and explanation. It helps a lot.
I’ve figured out the cause. Slider-agent cannot recognize ‘stop docker’ command from AM due to there’s no docker entry in stop_command, so the only chance to kill a docker is when shutdown slider-agent.

I think there are two things to improve. The first one is to make slider-agent can recognize the ‘stop docker’ command, please have a look at my last issue and patch (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-1232).
The second is to implement graceful stop for docker after slider-agent receiving stop command. I’m still working on it.

Thanks,
Chengeng Ou

在 17/7/5 22:36,“Billie Rinaldi”<bi...@gmail.com> 写入: