Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mathew Samuel <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/19 02:02:02 UTC

NULL Java Integers to Oracle NUMBER

How do I save NULL Java Integers into Oracle where the
field is defined as a NUMBER. For a Java String to
VARCHAR2, I can get away with #value:VARCHAR:NO_ENTRY#

#numericValue:NUMBER# doesn't seem to work. I'd like
to know how to do this without parameterMaps, unless
that's the ONLY way.

Thanks,
Mathew

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: NULL Java Integers to Oracle NUMBER

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
You can use two differnet layouts for this:

#propertyName:NUMERIC:0#

 or

#propertyName,jdbcType=NUMERIC,nullValue=0#

Anything you can do in a full parameter map, you can do using that
second syntax using name=value pairs.

Larry

Posted by Mathew Samuel <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Looks like #numericValue:NUMERIC# is the way to go.

Does anyone here know if there's a new
DataMapperDevGuide.pdf out there ? A short while ago
I'd opened a ticket on JIRA regarding truncated
entries within this guide.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-181

http://mail.yahoo.com