Posted to user@spark.apache.org by pseudo oduesp <ps...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/19 09:55:19 UTC

which one spark ml or spark mllib

HI,

i don't have any idea why we have to library  ML and mlib

ml you can use it with data frame and mllib with rdd but ml have some lakes
like:
save model most important if you want create web api with score

my question why we don't have all features in MLlib on ML ?

( i use pyspark 1.5.0  because entreise restrict  of all a)

Re: which one spark ml or spark mllib

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
So Spark ML is going to be the actively developed Machine Learning library
going forward, however back in Spark 1.5 it was still relatively new and an
experimental component so not all of the the save/load support implemented
for the same models. That being said for 2.0 ML doesn't have PMML export
yet (although there is a 3rd party library to help with that
https://github.com/jpmml/jpmml-spark ). I'd encourage you to try and see if
you can upgrade work with Spark ML going forward - but if your stuck at
1.5.X some of what you need is going to only be available in Spark MLlib.
(You could also write your own model export by hand in Spark ML but thats a
lot of work).

--
Cell : 425-233-8271