Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@apache.org> on 2009/04/13 19:45:23 UTC

Apache OFBiz Community Building Tour - Mid-western USA, April 2009

As a follow-on to the April release branch, and to help encourage
community growth and participation for Apache OFBiz, I'm planning a
tour of the Mid-western United States. As part of this tour I'd like
to visit with individuals and organizations who are current and
prospective users, contributors, and others involved with or
interested in OFBiz.

In these visits I will be available to spend 1-3 hours with you and
answer questions about Apache OFBiz and how you can use it most
effectively. I would be happy to speak with individuals or as many
people from your organization as you would like.

If you would like to better leverage opportunities to collaborate with
others in the community or there are specific things you'd like to see
in OFBiz, or be able to do with OFBiz, this is a great time to chat
about it. Also if you'd like general business level or technical help
with the software I'm happy to go over those sorts of things as well.

I am doing this as the PMC Chair of Apache Open For Business with the
intent of helping grow the community and not in my role as an officer
of Hotwax Media. If you are interested in the services of Hotwax I'll
be happy to briefly answer questions and refer you to the Hotwax sales
people.

Below is the rough schedule I have in mind and the general areas I
plan to be in. I'll be changing it as needed to accommodate what
people are available for. If you're around these areas and available
around these times, please let me know!

17 April (Fri): Omaha NE, Des Moines IA, Kansas City MO
20 April (Mon): St. Louis MO
22 April (Wed): Indianapolis IN, Louisville KY (maybe Chicago IL)
24 April (Fri): Memphis TN, Nashville TN
27 April (Mon): Dallas TX, Oklahoma City OK

Please contact me directly by email if you're interested in a visit.
If you know of someone else who might be interested in a visit, please
make an introduction and if they are interested I'm happy to play
along. My schedule is flexible on this trip so morning, lunch and
evening visits along with normal business hours are fine.

There is no fee for this, but I won't refuse a free meal if offered.
I'm traveling in a 40' motorhome, so hints for parking somewhat nearby
are also appreciated.

I am planning to do this in other areas in the near future, but don't
have firm plans yet. The next likely area will be the north-western
USA in July (around the time and place of OSCON which I'll be speaking
at on July 23rd in San Jose, CA).

-David

Re: Apache OFBiz Community Building Tour - Mid-western USA, April 2009

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
"collaboration among competitors." that sounds really good to me... Fair-play !

Thank you guys (both Brainfood and HWM)

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.