Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI)" <bc...@sbc.com> on 2005/11/01 19:07:04 UTC

Do we need myfaces-wap.jar and myfaces-xdoclet.jar?

Out of habit, we've been carrying around myfaces-wap.jar and
myfaces-xdoclet.jar from previous distributions of MyFaces.  Are these
still used?  What are (were?) they used for?

- Brendan

Re: Do we need myfaces-wap.jar and myfaces-xdoclet.jar?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
myfaces-wap contains the WML renderkit for WAP applications, so you
only need that stuff if you are developing for mobile devices. The
code for this stuff was forgotten during a code reorganization a few
months ago. A few people has asked to include it again in the current
SVN but no one has got the time to do this so far.

The myfaces-xdoclet.jar is used in code generation. While mostly used
to generate the components of myfaces when the project was started now
it is abandoned. I am sure it will be useful again when implementing
JSF 1.2.

Regards,

Bruno