Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ba...@mediageneral.com on 2003/04/03 22:19:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Site will not come up

Greetings,
I can go to https://placeanad.tbo.com and the security warning box comes up
for MSIE but then the page doesn't load - says it can't be found - here's my
virtual host container - any obvious mistakes I'm missing - btw the error
logs aren't reporting a problem....

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xx.xx:443>
ServerAdmin root@placeanad.tbo.com
    DocumentRoot /u01/tampa
    ServerName placeanad.tbo.com
    ErrorLog logs/placeanad.tbo.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/placeanad.tbo.com-access_log common
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/u01/tampa/cgi-bin/"
    ScriptAlias /admin/ "/u01/tampa/admin/"
    SSLCACertificateFile /usr/local/apache/certs/placeanad.cert
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/placeanad.cert
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/certs/secureprivate.key
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/secureprivate.key
    <Directory /u01/tampa/admin>
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator
Media General, INC.
804.649.6156

Re: [users@httpd] Site will not come up

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
i don't think there's any index.. try using netscape..

cheers,
andy

Posted by Gergely Zayzon <ge...@harras.net>.
Correct,

The http://placeanad.tbo.com:443 url is working fine :-p
You should have a lot of entries in your errorlog file file about malformed
request, I hardly can't believe that apache will not complaining about https
request on the standard http port/protocol. There was even two thread
recently about this.

ps.: the right directive is "SSLEngine on"

Regards,
gergoe

Posted by Jimmy McDonald <io...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>.
Looking at your config,