Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it> on 2002/07/09 13:01:40 UTC

RE: mod_webapp or mod_jk?

Yurix,

here's for my 0.2c:

I've found a nasty problem with mod_webapp (Apache 1.3.24, Tomcat 4.0.4b3): sometimes (say, 5% of requests) the communications
between the two servers (the web-server was on a Solaris box, the application-server on another Solaris box) went down.
This problems disappeared when we used mod_jk.

About the second question, you have some options, which are reported in the 2.0.3 FAQ:
1) Use mod-rewrite for an all-apache solution
2) Set cocoon as the root context of Tomcat (and redicte every root request to Tomcat, of course)

After a long soul-searching... I chose the latter :)

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

RE: mod_webapp or mod_jk?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
<snip>
> I'm just use mod_rewrite, but after redirect operation i get the
> "cocoon" (instead the my-for-cocoon-prefix) word in the URL
> (with redirect to relative path like "../sample")
> How to solve this problem?
</snip>

I'm afraid you can't.

Best regards,