Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/11/19 16:55:14 UTC

Builds on adam (Re: svn commit: r1036884 - /gump/metadata/testbase/commons-lang-3.x.xml)

On 2010-11-19, <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Try to push headless configuration into Maven build

Unfortunately this didn't help either since java.awt.headless never
reaches the tests - likely because the tests run in a forked VM.  The
commons-lang3 build remains broken.

I'll raise this on the commons dev list.

Stefan

Re: Builds on adam (Re: svn commit: r1036884 - /gump/metadata/testbase/commons-lang-3.x.xml)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-19, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2010-11-19, <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Try to push headless configuration into Maven build

> Unfortunately this didn't help either since java.awt.headless never
> reaches the tests

I've just checked in another change that makes Surefire pass the same
parameter to the forked java VM and now commons-lang3 builds on adam.
The only failures remaining are the args4j errors that would need Sander
to run the maven 1.x build manually once and NUnit which is known to
cause problems.  Nothing that would prevent us from running a full Gump
set IMHO.

Still the same headless issue will appear for more than just the
commons-lang3 build then and will need to get addressed individually.

> I'll raise this on the commons dev list.

Did so and got some supporting comments that may lead to a solution for
all Apache Commons projects, at least.

Stefan