Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vasudevrao gupta <va...@wipro.com> on 2003/12/18 14:20:27 UTC

Validate method in action form

I have a single action form bean for multiple JSP pages.
Validation of fields for JSP1 is different from validation of fields in
JSP2.
How should I write the validate() method in the form so that depending
on the
action, appropriate validation of fields is done.

Regards
Vasudevraogupta

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: Validate method in action form

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Another approach would be to create a base ActionForm with the
properties, and then extend it for each validation instance.

You can also use the came ActionForm class in multiple form-bean
elements, and then use the Struts Validator to give each form-bean it's
own validation suite.

HTH, Ted.