Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk> on 2005/12/06 23:44:23 UTC

Is there any timing constraints with lucene.

I have implemented a "Database" on top of lucene and am currently testing it.

When I manually step through my test suite in the debugger, it works fine.

When I run it without the debugger it fails.

The peice that fails is a where I update a document (by using a IndexReader to
create a IndexSearcher to located it, the IndexReader to delete it and then
close it) and then an indexwriter to put it back again(then optimize and then
close it),

I then immediately attempt to read it again (via IndexSearcher and a manually
constructed query using a TermQuery and a Term). When I do this slowly it
works, when it is running at full speed it doesn't.

Is there any attempt to create some background thread to update the index that
could cause the problem?
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Re: Is there any timing constraints with lucene.

Posted by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>.
On Tuesday 06 Dec 2005 22:44, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have implemented a "Database" on top of lucene and am currently testing
> it.
>
> When I manually step through my test suite in the debugger, it works fine.
>
> When I run it without the debugger it fails.

My fault - I was throwing an exception before closing the reader.