Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 22:11:26 UTC

mvn clean test appears to be broken in trunk

I'm going to investigate now, but just in case anybody else knows what's
up...

--- ROOT CAUSE ---
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: The connection was refused
because the database memory:rollerdb was not found.
at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

Thanks,
Dave

Re: mvn clean test appears to be broken in trunk

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Ooh!  I just located the file: ./app/target/derby-system/derby.log --
does this file report anything meaningful to you when you try to run
in-memory mvn clean test?

Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hey Matt,

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave, tests run fine from my Ubuntu desktop but when I did a fresh
checkout of roller-trunk and ran from my Ubuntu laptop, I got your
second result ("memory" works fine but I got the same UserTest error),
it happened both times I tried it.  When I ran from my laptop that test
alone, i.e., "mvn test -Dtest=UserTest", *then* it worked fine (all
three times I ran it).

I'm not sure what the problem is -- it might be related to EclipseLink,
I learned earlier the EclipseLink (as well as Hibernate) requires

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave, OK, I fixed the failed test, so at least that problem is gone.
As for the in-memory DB issue, might you have forgotten to check out
roller-trunk/TestUtils? There's a good chance that might be why
"memory:" wasn't working for you, because switching back to non-memory
would require four files to be updated with the "memory:" removed, and
you mentioned below only flipping back two to get things to work:

grep -r "memory:" .
./app/src/test/resources/roller-jettyrun.properties:database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:derby://localhost:3223/memory:rollerdb;create=true
./app/src/test/resources/roller-custom.properties:database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:derby://localhost:3223/memory:rollerdb
./test-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/ant/StartDerbyTask.java:
"jdbc:derby://localhost:" + port + "/memory:rollerdb;create=true","APP",
"APP");
./test-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/ant/StopDerbyTask.java:
"jdbc:derby://localhost:" + port + "/memory:rollerdb";

Can you try a fresh check out of trunk into an empty directory and do an
mvn clean test there?  If it still fails for you, feel free to just flip
the code back to regular DB for now.

Regards,

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.