Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by cryptearth <cr...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/12 18:00:39 UTC

unable to add resources or resource folder in NetBeans 11.2

Hello NetBeans community,

so I decided to use NetBeans over Eclipse just for no reason - and I'm
already struggle at my first project:
I have a json file I want to load, but no matter where I place it it
doesn't get copied over to the build. I also tried to create a folder -
but it doesn't show up in projects view, only in files view. I just
can't make the folder appear as a resource folder, neither for the json
file itself.
On the net there was a way with project properties > sources - but
there's nothing I can add a folder just some info text about some plugins.

Any help? I'm totally lost as I neither can figure it out myself but
also no info I can find with google seems to work.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: unable to add resources or resource folder in NetBeans 11.2

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes, indeed, if you want to use Maven you need to at least know the basics
of Maven. No, we're not going to recreate the Maven documentation in
NetBeans.

Gj

Posted by Alonso Del Arte <al...@gmail.com>.
 > Ironically had to use Eclipse for the first time today on a client's VM
and found their Maven integration confusing too. Tools take time to learn.

> Best wishes,

> Neil

I pretty much second this. The first time I used Eclipse I just did Hello
World. Even a simple TDD exercise would probably have been too much for a
first use. On the plus side, though, I've been able to use JUnit 5 in
Eclipse. I don't think I've ever gotten it to work in NetBeans.

Al

--
Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com

Re: unable to add resources or resource folder in NetBeans 11.2

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.